Folding Work Tables - Oak Dressing Table
Folding Work Tables
- were small tables designed to hold sewing materials and implements, providing a convenient work place for women who sewed. They appeared during the 18th century and were popular throughout the 19th century.
- A sewing table or work table is a table or desk used for sewing. Generally is has large amounts of space and a full set of sewing tools. Nearby there will be a chair and a waste bin. A common attachment is a dropleaf to give expanded space.
- A small table with a hinged top concealing spaces for sewing accessories, which was introduced late in the eighteenth century. Many have a silk-covered hanging bag, and the top is sometimes inlaid with squares for chess. Many were elaborately made and highly finished with painting and inlay.
- (of a piece of furniture or equipment) Be able to be bent or rearranged into a flatter or more compact shape, typically in order to make it easier to store or carry
- fold: a geological process that causes a bend in a stratum of rock
- Bend (something flexible and relatively flat) over on itself so that one part of it covers another
- Mix an ingredient gently with (another ingredient), esp. by lifting a mixture with a spoon so as to enclose it without stirring or beating
- foldable: capable of being folded up and stored; "a foldaway bed"
- protein folding: the process whereby a protein molecule assumes its intricate three-dimensional shape; "understanding protein folding is the next step in deciphering the genetic code"
My Work Space Today ~ 3 of 8 photos
Hands on my work table.
Read this for all the world meanings on the 3 fingers folded down hand sign! Fascinating!
i've been stationed here most of the weekend. the good news is i got a LOT Of stuff done.
perryville court buffet table
contemporary round tables
cocktail tables with ottomans
laptop table for sofa
bar tables and chairs
guitar coffee table
white glass table
black round pedestal table
coffee table storage cubes